Google has made some changes to it’s Image Search to make it easier for you to find the perfect image or explore your topic visually with an update to related search links. Related search links are now more visual to help you find exactly what you’re looking for or just have fun exploring.
For example, when planning a trip to Greece, I may not know what places are worth a visit, so I search for [greece] on Image Search. Now, with more visual search links, I can hover over the links on the top of the results, like [santorini greece], and see a panel pop up with images of Santorini. Without having to type more words into the search box or clicking through, I can quickly glance at the pictures of Santorini. If I decide to click through, I find new links for further refined or related searches, such as [oia santorini greece] or [santorini greece sunset]. Now I’m sold, I want to see more Santorini images.
Thanks Google for making it so easy to find quality images online!
Not sure if Twitter will be an effective marketing tool for your business? Here are 10 cool Twitter facts which may sway you in the right direction….
- Twitter gets more than 300,000 new users every day.
- There are currently 110 million users of Twitter’s services.
- Twitter receives 180 million unique visits each month.
- There are more than 600 million searches on Twitter every day.
- Twitter started as a simple SMS-text service.
- Over 60% of Twitter use is outside the U.S.
- There are more than 50,000 third-party apps for Twitter.
- Twitter’s web platform only accounts for a quarter of its users – 75% use third-party apps.
- Twitter has donated access to all of its tweets to the Library of Congress for research and preservation.
- More than a third of users access Twitter via their mobile phone.
(Source: Twitter, of course)
Bloom is delighted to announce that we have just signed on with Glacier Media to provide search engine optimization services for the Real Estate Weekly web site (www.rew.ca).
Time spent online continues to grow as do the activities done online. In fact, 35% of consumers spend 180 minutes or more (3 hours) online per day. They spend the most time on:
- Checking email (94%)
- Searching (87%)
- Researching products (78%)
Digital marketing is vital to any organizations marketing plan. Online is the best medium for reaching consumers who are actively seeking out information about products and services and are in the buying cycle.
Here are some interesting trends for 2011:
- 70% of digital marketing budgets are spent on SEO and social media marketing.
- Overall, organizations spent 24% of marketing budgets on digital marketing.
(Source: silicon.com 2010)
Vancouver Community College has selected Bloom Marketing to promote their Fall 2010 line up of programs via search engine marketing. We are very excited to be working with BC’s No. 1 College.
We are very happy to announce that Bloom Marketing has been chosen as the exclusive Search Engine Optimization Service Provider for RE/MAX of Western Canada. We will be responsible for rolling out SEO tactics for all 200+ offices across BC, Alberta, Manitoba, Saskatchewan and the Yukon.