Facebook now has over 750 million users worldwide. Most of us have at least a profile on Facebook so we found some facts that you find interesting about the worlds #1 social media web site.
- The average Facebook user has 130 friends.
- More than 25 billion pieces of content (web links, news stories, blog posts, notes, photo albums, etc.) is shared each month.
- Over 300,000 users helped translate the site through the translations application.
- More than 150 million people engage with Facebook on external websites every month.
- Two-thirds of comScore’s U.S. Top 100 websites and half of comScore’s Global Top 100 websites have integrated with Facebook.
- There are more than 100 million active users currently accessing Facebook through their mobile devices.
- People that access Facebook via mobile are twice as active than non-mobile users (think about that when designing your Facebook page).
- The average Facebook user is connected to 60 pages, groups and events.
- People spend over 500 billion minutes per month on Facebook.
- There are more than 1 million entrepreneurs and developers from 180 countries on Facebook.
(Source: Statistics from Facebook press office – 2010)
Bloom Digital Marketing offers social media marketing services. Discover more about advertising opportunities on social media sites.